View Single Post
Old 21st May 2020
Deleted 5f4684d
Quote:
Originally Posted by denstrow View Post
Bear in mind, that "success" for some people (like me) is different than what others might consider it.

I wouldn't dream of millions of streams with the music I make - but hundreds or a few thousand per track? That should be doable, and more like some of the artists I like.

Sure, it may not be the same, but you still have an audience, albeit small. That's how I see it. If your music has mass appeal and you can make money out of it, all the better for you!

Also, the idea that only bands can put out something worthwhile, that's nonsense. There's plenty of bands that suck as there are one-man acts that do too. And then there's composers whose music can live on centuries later...
Just want to shime in on streams and making hundreds or thousands a track since my last post was long.

Spotify pays 3500 usd per 1 mil streams, so if you can find an audience and get 1k usd a track or 300k streams a track, that's a pretty good start. I do think you may need to revamp by starting fresh and getting a new project going, with consistency in music and image, it will help PR as well as listeners.