View Single Post
Old 20th May 2020
Deleted 5f4684d
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedman View Post
So doing the thing is no longer a thing then, is it?

Suppose that explains why I can't find anything I'd wanna listen to...

I'm sorry, GOOD music isn't made by one person alone in a room using a pc to take up the slack. I honestly dont even understand how or why anyone would want to do that, it is mind numbingly boring and tedious...how could the result be anything else?

I dont care how much time you spend promoting it, it will pretty much always be a snoozefest. Kravitz can't even pull it off.
I'm 1 person here making music, and my ****ty 1 man show has helped me and my wife buy a comfortable house for us and our kids, we paid our school debts and I still have a ton of money left, so maybe it's frowned upon by you to be a laptop producer, but I get to do what I love, make a lot of money and live a chill life. The group of people is not the issue here, the lack of good ideas is.

I can do on my own what a team of people can do, and frankly, I'm so proud I can do that, and that I'm a good example to my kids that you can do it without relying on a team of 20 people.

If you mean infrastructure? Ya I agree, I need my manager, assistant, lawyers, promo team on the label side and everyone on the pub side. But the music? I dont need anyone for that, and yes I do work with various musicians on various songs. Basically, if I need 10 people to make a song or just me, I'll roll with what I'm being given, I dont have a template or a "acceptable" way to do it. Listeners dont care how it's made, they just want to enjoy the music. The end result is always more important than the process, especially since the process changes from song to song.

I remember being in sessions where I was made fun of, i was pushed aside, women were verbally abused, but hey, i was still the guy who made the music, I put a few vocal ideas, made a guitar riff, and the song was good, so I decided to finish it and it did well. The process doesnt matter to me, I only care if the end result is great.

I get it if you're salty because I made a mil this year making music on a laptop, and I'll take it any year if you think I'm a hack, because I like pissing off people based off of what their music making standards are