View Single Post
Old 9th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdme_sadie View Post
Thanks, you’re being kind but I’d have a finished collection of mediocre bland Muzak. They lack the it factor and memorable character but are pleasant enough background sounds sometimes. To make anything even remotely radio ready you’d have to completely strip it back, deconstruct and simplify then find the essence in a really clean clear hook, something special to add back in to elevate, add lyrical content to most of them, and then find an act to play it with appeal. It’s a lot of work and iterations for stuff that isn’t worth it, these are just fun and more what I want to hear and play than what the world wants
Well yes, any great piece of creative art takes hard work and iteration, it's not supposed to be easy...but what you have are a selection of fantastic foundations to build on, and you seem to be very prolific with it.

Look at Moby's album 'Play'...essentially a collection of stylised sketches, but very VERY hooky sketches which were beautifully crafted into great songs...great songs which the world clearly wanted.

I'm in no position to tell you how you should work, or what you should do with your work...however, as an objective observer, I can tell you that you are (IMO) undervaluing your worth.