View Single Post
Old 19th April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBProAudio View Post
A/B: nice idea, we may add this in a future release. In any case you have always the bypass button...
I'm constantly trying different approaches to achieve a similar result with this thing so A/B compare would be awesome in the future! I'm using multiple instances with different settings at the moment and bypassing them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBProAudio View Post
Pre-filters do not work directly on the signal, but only on the signal fed into the dynamic equalizers. So the signal cannot be distorted by DSEQ near Nyquist

Pre-filters work correctly in respect to OS. You can check your self:

1) default preset
2) slope to 0.0
3) white noise signal, -18dBFS peak.
4) set one filter to peak, 10kHz, 30.0 sens and 30.0 Q.
5) set OS as you want

Look at the spectrum view during change of filter frequency. Also check with any frequ analyser.
You can move the filter frequency close to Nyquist. You will see a nicely analogue matched filter response.
I did notice the analogue filter response and was pleased!

I just checked again with your instructions (just using an impulse instead of white noise) and seem to be getting the same results. Maybe I'm being daft, I'll upload some pics for you to check:

- - -

What would be the benefit of using the over-sampling with this processor design in your opinion? I feel like it sounds good without OS but is there a particular use-case that you think would benefit from using the OS? I would guess I'd usually be using DSEQ for relatively small amounts of gain reduction but would a high GR use-case benefit more from OS?

One last question/suggestion (I don't wanna hog the thread haha): Is there any possibility/use in having multiplication factors of less than 1.0 on the GR multiplier? I'd love to hear what it sounds like with a lower/deeper threshold that I could then ease off the GR amount with a sub-1.0 GR multiplier.

Another idea born from the same use-case would be to have a relative threshold mode but I have no idea if this would be possible with this processor?
Attached Thumbnails
TBProAudio releases DSEQ, a dynamic spectral equalizer for Windows and Mac OS X-tbpa-dseq-osx1.jpg   TBProAudio releases DSEQ, a dynamic spectral equalizer for Windows and Mac OS X-tbpa-dseq-osx2.jpg   TBProAudio releases DSEQ, a dynamic spectral equalizer for Windows and Mac OS X-tbpa-dseq-osx4.jpg