View Single Post
Old 12th April 2020
Here for the gear

Studio One user thinking of moving to RME, have some questions?

Hello. I'm a Presonus Studio One user and for the last 20 years I've only used Presonus interfaces. They have been extremely stable for me. I am currently using a Firestudio Tube. I'm looking to upgrade and the RME 802 seems to tick all of the boxes for me.

The one thing that I"m not sure about is TotalMixFX. Currently my workflow is pretty straightforward. I open Studio One, select the inputs on the Firestudio that I wish to record from and record. I don't use zero latency monitoring. I track with minimal plug-ins and I can keep the timings tight enough so that the latency doesn't bother me.

What I'm wondering is if I can use this workflow with the RME 802? Or do I have to go to TotalMixFX, setup or open a scene, and then go to Studio One every time I record? And how about punch-ins? How does that work?

I realize that many people here really like TotalMixFX and I don't want to make any knee jerk reactions until I really understand how it works with my DAW.

Any information from RME and Studio One users would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to spend a bunch of money and then not be satisfied.

Thanks,
Mark