View Single Post
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Addict

thanks so much for your input jason

to answer your questions:

Quote:
1) Do you want a device that has very little absorption, or is moderate absorption OK?
less absorption would be preferable, but if that makes things much more complicated, then moderate is fine

Quote:
2) Are you planning on making a 2-D well diffuser like the Auralex space array? or something without wells like the RPG skyline?
originally I had a 2D diffusor like the RPG Omniffusor in mind, but the Space Array looks like a great design too.

Quote:
3) Are you making many of these or one?
just one for my back wall

Quote:
4) What are you planning to make them from?
idealistically I would like to make it from balsa wood because I will need to remove and transport the diffusor in the near future when I move.
one problem with balsa wood is that it is rather expensive and not that easy to obtain where I live but I still would like to use it

Also, I want to get the best amount of low frequency diffusion out of this diffusor keeping in mind I can't make my wells much deeper than 20cm or 8" due to my small room size. I realise that the low-frequency limit is determined principally by well depth but I see commercial products claiming diffusion down to as low as 125Hz with well depth of only 4"!
how is this so?

a few other things desired are broadband diffusion and an overall dimension of approx. 1x1m or 40x40"

thanks again!
JP