View Single Post
Old 15th February 2020
I bought four of the new German Wunderwaffe: Caruso Iso-Bond WLG040. I didn't have any treatment at the moment that I could move around and experiment with easily and Iso-Bond is really good for that. This is all 10 cm depth each BTW.

Control:

Need help with next steps for 15 m² room-caruso-iso-bond-spectrogram-control.jpg

The first test was placing it on the floor along both front side walls (2*20 cm). This did improve the impulse response quite a bit and is also doing a lot to the spectrogram. I didn't expect this position to be this effective.

Need help with next steps for 15 m² room-caruso-iso-bond-front-side-floor.jpg

Need help with next steps for 15 m² room-caruso-iso-bond-spectrogram-front-side-floor.jpg

Then, I made another test and added two pieces of 20 cm depth to the parts of the rear wall that weren't treated yet. Another strong change, probably even bigger than the front side walls.

Need help with next steps for 15 m² room-caruso-iso-bond-rear-wall.jpg

Need help with next steps for 15 m² room-caruso-iso-bond-spectrogram-rear-wall-sides.jpg

What's impressive is that only 20 cm of WLG040 do something at 60 Hz and are pretty effective at 90 Hz. I may not need 40 or 50 cm depth really.

The measurements are here (20 MB).
Attached Thumbnails
Need help with next steps for 15 m² room-caruso-iso-bond-front-side-floor.jpg   Need help with next steps for 15 m² room-caruso-iso-bond-rear-wall.jpg   Need help with next steps for 15 m² room-caruso-iso-bond-spectrogram-control.jpg   Need help with next steps for 15 m² room-caruso-iso-bond-spectrogram-front-side-floor.jpg   Need help with next steps for 15 m² room-caruso-iso-bond-spectrogram-rear-wall-sides.jpg