View Single Post
Old 30th January 2020
Gear Head

I'm also in Canada. Do we know for certain that the number we saw in the previous KARP 2600 thread was accurate? 20 allocated to Canada.
Anyways, I found out about this 2600 late- over a week after the initial announcement-, but somehow was able to lock down one of the alleged 20 for 100% certain.
Called the shop I always go to for all my synth needs who at that point had a list of 15+ at that point, but were only getting a guaranteed eight, seven of which I was told already had money down on them, and that if I could put the money down, I would be promised one. Needless to say, I've never whooped out my credit card fast enough. I feel very fortunate, especially considering how few Canada got and how late I found out about it. A 2600 has always been an absolute dream/pinnacle synth and this will be a lovely piece to help rebuild my synth collection, all of which I had to sell off a couple years ago. Really can't wait. And fwiw, while they wouldn't give me a date, when I asked "will it be sometime in late spring?" the guy said it'll be much sooner.