View Single Post
Old 30th January 2020
t_d
Lives for gear

i had a 4-channel box with a sterling modular plan B desk for it. worked great. my only complaint about it, and one of my few complaints with the box, is that the box *is* tall and i had to have my computer monitor (iMac) a little too far away. clients thought i was crazy, too.. "how can you see that!?!". if API made the angle on the box a little lower the computer could sit closer.

fast forward to 2020 and i just installed a box 2. since sterling doesn't (yet?) make a plan B conversion for the wider box and would charge an insane amount of money for a couple pieces of wood if they did, i set out to modify my existing plan B, successfully and that's where the box 2 sits. the computer is in the same place and i've been using a 15" flat USB monitor sitting in front of me almost like a laptop screen as a 2nd monitor for my system, sharing windows between it and the iMac depending what i need closer.

because i was able to modify my sterling desk i do have another idea to do so that would lower the box by about an inch and a half, which would allow more visibility of the iMac.

anyway, my point is, don't underestimate how far away a computer screen has to be with the box.. taking into consideration speaker placement and interference. i could have the iMac closer and higher but it would interfere too much with my monitors.