View Single Post
Old 21st January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1zerozerozero1 View Post
Can anyone else confirm that the Titan sounds different to Orpheus? Really disappointing and unexpected if so. Longtime Orpheus user here and as we all know it sounds incredible - it'd be a massive shame if its successor was compromised.

Be good to know for if/when we all have to consider updating, etc.
From what I understand it's nearly all about the interfacing. The fact is the computer industry ditched firewire in favor of USB. So, what is Prism to do? Titan. Titan all-in-all is nothing but their answer to this; otherwise what would Prism have to sell in this market line? There are NO significant upgrades to it other than a few trivial things to barely justify a "new" interface beyond the way it interfaces.

I think they kinda screwed up with the Titan in that they should have kept producing the Orpheus with this new ...USB connection type, replacing the firewire connection. Instead they awkwardly crammed in essentially the same unit while leaving everyone to try figuring out what is now up and what is now down.

The Titan should have truly been a "next generation" product with some significant changes in conversion technology to offer. I don't think it should even be in production yet considering this.

I mean, they could have made the new "improved" (???) Orpheus white too if they really wanted to. ??

I'll be keeping my Orpheus for a long time to come. Especially since I've got it running through Thunderbolt 3 - "[email protected]" Titan would have me stuck back at USB 2.0.