View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali View Post
the consequences of my drinking are hurting others and myself.
Sadly, I have seen countless people get into all sorts of terrible situations as a result of alcohol (and drugs). In most cases, these are GREAT people, who just drank too much and ended up crossing a line.

As a result, I have personally seen people fired from their jobs, accidentally kill themselves or someone else, break up marriages and families, end up in major financial trouble, end up in jail, end up with a baby, the list goes on and on.

Drinking or doing drugs to the point where you compromise your control over your actions (which is way a lower threshold than some people might think) is an absolute recipe for disaster.

I'm sure every single one of us has seen the same sorts of consequences that people encounter in our own circles. Despite this, some people continue to take things too far and throw control of their actions out the window, rolling the dice.

It makes no sense.

Having just seen yet another really bad situation unfold over the holidays with a colleague, I would remind everyone to be responsible, and watch out for your friends in situations where substances might be abused. While people should be responsible for their own actions, it's always a good idea to help them get home safely BEFORE things might get out of hand.