View Single Post
Old 25th December 2019
Gear Nut

Can you apply processing on the send tracks from a separate buss?

Hey there! Merry Xmas everyone!

This may sound like a dumb question, so I sure hope there's a simple solution. That's why I ask!

Let's say I have a compressor on my drum buss. Is it possible for it to compress not only the different elements on the drum buss but also the respective sends that are set on each separate element (mostly reverb and delay)?

Right now the compressor is affecting only the dry sounds, not the mix of dry and wet sounds, which keeps me from getting everything glued together with a nice slightly compressed ambiance/room sound with a subtle pumping.

A friend told me not to use the sends at all, but I wonder if there's a way around it. Also, this makes it more difficult to do the Abbey Road reverb trick, because I would have to copy each track, EQ the copy, put a reverb on it 100% wet and then dial it back in (which is a lot of extra steps if you have 10 or so drum tracks).

I also tried sending the out of each send to the drum buss, but the signal gets there dry, which is a bummer.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

TL;DR: Is it possible to apply processing on the sends from a separate buss? How?