View Single Post
Old 21st December 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanajim View Post
As the 10T has just gotten the firmware update, I haven’t had the chance to try it in the field yet.

I connect the iPad directly with a standard Apple cable (Lightening to USB-A). I found that it would not work with the CCK. And also, it will not work via the USB-C port on the 10T.

You can transfer recordings to the iPad via Dropbox or using IOS compatible hard drives and load them from those external devices for editing. However, I don’t think you can read files that you copied from a stand-alone recorder. Greg Simmons is the guy who has done the most research into this. That’s one reason why it’s really cool that the 10T now supports preface sends over USB. Because now you can record with Auria and not have to deal with importing tracks.

No problems with the 10T at 24/192 since the firmware update some time ago that fixed the high frequency noise problem. The max Auria supports is 24/96.
Thanks very much for that information.

Do you also use Dropbox to transfer recordings from your iPad to a laptop or desktop computer?

The problem with 24/192 I was referring to was that 10T users reported not being able to reliably record a full 8 tracks simultaneously at that higher resolution. Any such problems at 96kHz?

Thanks again.