View Single Post
Old 10th December 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Users working in Music prefer not to work this way. Reason why Cubase has a slightly different automation system. Long story .... don't get me started.
The Nuendo solution where you can choose to set initial parameters or not is some kind of an "option" to work one way or the other.

There are options to fill VT in one simple action.
From the manual:

Fill Gaps on Selected Tracks

This option is used with virgin territories. Select this option to fill any gaps in the automation curves of the selected tracks with a continuous value. The value of the last event (the end point) of a section is used to fill the gap. This value is written across the gap up to one millisecond before the first event of the next automated section. A new event is inserted here; the value will be ramped to the next automated section.

Fill Gaps with Current Value (Selected Tracks)

This option is used with virgin territories. Select this option to fill any gaps in the automation curves of the selected tracks. The gaps are filled with the current value of the corresponding control.

HTH
Fredo
Yeah, I red that part of the manual many many times. I just don't see the reason or a benefit not just working with the normal automation mode. Also with the EQ's strange things happend when I filled the gaps.. But I'll do some more tests with that to see if there is any use for me.
Thx,
d