View Single Post
Old 10th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by idee und klang View Post
All clear, ok, I set the initial value, it is not a big deal, but what is the reason that you could choose to not do so?
Users working in Music prefer not to work this way. Reason why Cubase has a slightly different automation system. Long story .... don't get me started.
The Nuendo solution where you can choose to set initial parameters or not is some kind of an "option" to work one way or the other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idee und klang View Post
Same with virgin territory, if you have to fill everything (I did not found a way to do that quickly), why work with it?
There are options to fill VT in one simple action.
From the manual:

Fill Gaps on Selected Tracks

This option is used with virgin territories. Select this option to fill any gaps in the automation curves of the selected tracks with a continuous value. The value of the last event (the end point) of a section is used to fill the gap. This value is written across the gap up to one millisecond before the first event of the next automated section. A new event is inserted here; the value will be ramped to the next automated section.

Fill Gaps with Current Value (Selected Tracks)

This option is used with virgin territories. Select this option to fill any gaps in the automation curves of the selected tracks. The gaps are filled with the current value of the corresponding control.

HTH
Fredo