View Single Post
Old 29th November 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfireblack View Post
I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but looking for some opinions.

I am currently looking for a full orchestral package as only have Impact Soundworks Rhapsody at present and I recieved an email showing that AudioDeluxe are doing EW Hollywood Orchestra Silver for $99 (£76) over the Black weekend . I was looking at getting the Spitfire Epic Strings and series (which is an Albion I rework & reskin) which will be £116 for all 4 parts.

I have very limited funds, and at present am only looking at scoring against hard rock/metal material, so wondering if either is better than the next? Would it be worth getting both or do they cover similar ground? Any advice would be very much appreciated.
I'm not an East/West fan, so count me out on that front. From the use you suggest, the Spitfire will not work well for you - at least the Albion stuff which I own. The attacks are not up for the task of aggressive metal machine gun style arrangements - it's more laid back and symphonic. In your stated budget, if you only need strings you might try the Heavyocity Novo Essentials library. Although I have not used Essentials specifically, I have Novo and it will hang with aggressive metal style arrangements with ease. Good luck. They each have their strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately requiring a BUNCH of libraries to cover yourself on all bases.