View Single Post
Old 13th November 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Which is your favourite out of them? XO is getting updates on the 19th I think but not much to the sequencer from what I can gather from the email sent out by XLN. I have been looking at Modo Drum for a while as I have a lot of the IK stuff including Modo Bass which is good. What do you feel is lacking in Modo Drum?
XO is great. For acoustic drums I have been a loyal AD2 user since 2006. I love its ease of use and clear layout. But admittedly compared to SD3 it sounds like a recording from a smartphone. I work pretty hard to get SD3 into my workflow, I don’t really need 107 microphones and such a silly amount of reverb, but I am learning my way around. If you like punchy rock sounds, that do not need much more processing, take a look at ssd5. GUI dated and installation complicated, but still worth a shot imo.
Modo drum sound artificial to me and the reverb is super cheap. There are unpleasant resonances on the kit pieces, That make me want to turn off the speakers. Can’t believe I payed 349 €. Kind of pi**ed of, sorry.