View Single Post
Old 11th November 2019
Gear Maniac

New Waldorf Microwave 1 Sysex Editor (Yes, In 2019)

Here's a new sysex editor for the Microwave 1. It's a bit different than the usual editors, in that it's a web app. If you like desktop computing, you can use it with Chrome or Opera. Windows, Mac, Linux - doesn't matter. If you like touchscreens, you can use it with iOS too.

Nearly every feature of the Microwave OS 2.0 is supported. Single patches, multis, custom waves, custom tuning\velocity\wave tables (including algorithmic wave tables), global parameters, change maps...basically everything except the robot speech synthesizer, which is not fully documented by Waldorf. I can't guarantee that earlier Microwave OS versions will work with this editor - I only have an OS 2.0 Microwave to test with.

It's free to sign up and use the editor in read-only mode. If you actually want to go in and change parameters, then you have to purchase the full editor.

I know there are lots of Microwave maniacs lurking here, so please check it out. Let me know if you like it. Let me know if it sucks. Even if you don't want to shell out money for the full editor, I hope just being able to visualize your patches will make you fall in love with this beautiful synth all over again.

Info and screenshots here: https://tonetweak.com/microwave1