View Single Post
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Problem with calibrating Preamp/audio card in REW

Hello gearslutz,

before measuring my room with my Sonarworks XRef 20 mic and REW (the mic only contains a trial verison of Sonarworks Reference 4, this is why I want to get warm with REW) I want to make a calibration measurement of my preamp/audio card to subtract any coloration of these devices for future measurements.
At this point I am having a bit of trouble.

The measurement does not look like the ones I have seen it in many, many tutorial videos and articles approaching the 0 db line when using logarithmic scale. It is more approaching something above 2 db. Please have a look at the attachments.

Is this a simple misconfiguration of REWs views/scales or did I do something wrong regarding the setup?

The devices I am using are the RME hdsp 9632 as audiocard and the Focusrite OctoPre as preamp connected via ADAT to the hdsp. Since I will not connect the XRef 20 mic directly to the hdsp but with the OctoPre in between, it is not sufficient to simply connect the hdsp´s output to the input to make the calibration measurement, this would leave out the OctoPre. So I connected one hdsp´s analog output to one OctoPre input and the OctoPre´s output goes digitally via ADAT Toslink to the hdsp. Then I setup everything up in REW as shown in the attachments.
So is there any misconfiguration I am overlooking?

Best regards,
AudioTom2
Attached Thumbnails
Problem with calibrating Preamp/audio card in REW-img_6260-2.jpg   Problem with calibrating Preamp/audio card in REW-img_6259-2.jpg