View Single Post
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrand View Post
Ryan, thanks for linking me to your build thread, that is an impressive project you're working through.

I have so many questions I'd love to ask, but now I feel bad for taking your time!

Perhaps I'll keep an eye on your thread and see if some of them get addressed.

In the meantime, would love to hear from anyone else who has experience building this way (getting double duty from you thermal insulation).
Sure man...and I don't mind questions. I learned most of what I know on this on here and other forums so the least I can do is return the favor.

Is the rest of this building heated? And are you trying to get sound isolation from the rest of the building or just the outside of that? Do you have a sound isolation target?

From what I know, with thermal insulation it is a diminishing returns type of thing, IE r76 won't offer double the insulation as r38, but also a complete thermal break will add a lot to it (like a beer cooler) and MAM achieves that as well- typical construction does not. In general a properly built MAM studio should naturally have good thermal performance.

It sure does here. To be able to keep a ~30,000 cubic foot space pretty comfy with ~6000btu when it's 7f out is pretty amazing...