View Single Post
Old 8th November 2019
Lives for gear

Based on what you are describing you might need to do different things:

1.) Set up bed and object groups. This can be done in the Input Configuration page and the re-render configuration page. For the re-renders, set them to be Live re-renders

2.) Set up return plug ins/aux for each live re-render.

I could probably help out more if I had a better idea of what specifically you were aiming to accomplish...

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.L. View Post
I've got the atmos production suite with pro tools but I'm a bit confused with how to have separate returns from the renderer. (I'm working in VR mode without an RMU, just monitoring in binaural for now.)

I've set up a couple objects, sent them to the renderer, and returned them to the "stereo return" track, with the return plugin set to "Headphone L". So far so good. However, all the objects are returning to this one return track. I'd like to assign different objects to different return tracks. I'm sure it must be possible and I'm guessing it has something to do with the renderer's output groups, but I can't seem to figure out how to connect the renderer's output groups to the return plugin's assignment (e.g. re-render channel 1, re-render channel 2..). If I set it to anything other than "Headphone L", I don't get any sound.

The manual states that the pro tools templates supplied by Dolby do not include return tracks that route re-render outputs from the renderer and that these need to be created. But I can figure out how to link the two..

Am I way off here?