View Single Post
Old 7th November 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRS View Post
The drums are clearly canned drums and that is the obvious weak-link in the songs, but overall, you are very close. Keep the upper clarity of the 2nd link song mix and work on the low-mid separation and that will probably get these at a commercial mix level. The low-mids might just be those drums interacting with the bass and guitars clouding up that range some. Nice work and thanks for posting them, as it helps get an idea of what you hear and what others hear.
Yeah like I said that drum VST is just extremely over the top. Aside from some high passing and some cuts here and there on a few elements thats literally what they sound like. Over processed as hell, I mean it sounds great when I'm just jamming on my ekit with no music but its one of the reasons I moved over to using EZ Drummer. Granted EZ Drummer still sounds processed but its not that extreme which is why I may redo those mixes at some point with the new drum program. This was also before Parallax so the bass is just a hardware sansamp crushed to death by a distressor.

I appreciate the feedback. I still dont think the balance is the best on those but balance is pretty subjective anyway. If those tracks sound fairly glued then perhaps the new drums do need a little bit of compression help to get it closer to naughty seal but not as unbearable.