View Single Post
Old 7th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomberjacket View Post
So I find I'm losing the body and warmth of my mixes, always having insane equing going on. Maybe I should start compressing more during mixing? Since mixing is a lot about having correct sound levels, shouldn't compressing be a central part of it? Do you compress a lot during mixing?
If you are having to do 'Insane Equing' as you put it, something else is going on
and the fix is not compression. Mazybe its the insane EQ that you are that is making it lose its boidy and warmth.

Let me ask you this, if the mix already has body and warmth, then its something you are doing to make it loose it., like 'insane EQ'
Quote:
Since mixing is a lot about having correct sound levels, shouldn't compressing be a central part of it?
Sound levels and compression are not the same. Levels have to do with how loud or soft something is and compression is dynamics. The central part of mixing is to make each track in a song work together with all the other tracks in the song in a way that the artist/band/producer wants.