View Single Post
Old 6th November 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks, I had never thought about it that way. Sending more mixes to the same reverb does indeed sound impossible. Even though, if you consider the single channels on the aux buses as "live snapshots" of what is going on on the Main bus, it should theoretically be possible (but now I'm going out of track, if it doesn't work this way there must be a reason).

By the way, I understand that having the Aux pre fader is how it's usually done, but in my current situation I am only using the monitor mixes for practice, so I have nothing going out of the Main. And since I've already tried giving my bandmates (with zero knowledge about mixing whatsoever) the possibility to build their mix from scratch and it didn't work out, I've decided to use the main to build a basic mix to which they can add a little "more me" (or "less me" in the case of the drummer eheheheh), so that we can learn how to play balanced on our own. Hope it makes sense.

Anyway, back on topic, I guess I can live with it as I had never noticed it before. After all, as long as the faders on the aux buses stay near unity the difference should be negligible.

Thanks again for helping