View Single Post
Old 29th October 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
I've only just upgraded everything to v10 a few months ago.

This feels like a massive slap in the face and IMHO any tweaks that became necessary due to Catalina incompatibility should have been made according to the usual M.O., in this case, falling midway into v10's life.

Honestly, what a stitch-up! I mean, what did I get for my hundreds spent ($300 AU in my case) just months ago? I'm the calmest dude you could hope to meet and can proudly say that I've never been angry, ever, but I'm tempted to feel livid right now. This is daylight robbery and IMHO Waves should automatically move anyone who recently purchased v10 to v11. No need to extend dates or anything, just move us up to v11 with the existing WUP time constraints according to our purchase dates.

Some context:
I saved diligently the moment v10 dropped and was only able to finally update everything in one go midway through this year. It was a struggle to get there, and no sooner have I been able to finally put this to bed than this ruddy email arrives.

Aarrgghh!
You are in the good light. As long as you still have an active WUP plan, which it seems you do (which is 1 year from the date of your most recent update), you are entitled to upgrade for free to the new version.

An active WUP plan is typically either :

12 month from the date when you 1st bought the plugin

or

12 months from the date when you most recently bought the WUP Plan covering one or more plugins.

So for you I think you have nothing to worry about, simply log into your Waves account, via the web site, and you will find a "get latest version" option, for the plugins for which you are eligible to do this. This update of your license to the new version, is free.

I had a few plugins which I obtained recently, including some which were gifts during Waves special give aways, within the last year, and I have immediately done the "get latest version" of their licenses to V11.

On my computer I still have the version 10 software and version 10 license installed, not planning to make any changes locally.

Where I think it gets tricky is if you attempt to do this "get latest version" via the Waves Central app, not sure what the implications are, if it forces you to have to upgrade the apps locally.

I suggest you do this "free" "get latest version" action asap...

As you said, ideally this action should be automatic, but it does seem as if it is possible if you wait till after your WUP expires, that you may still be on your current version, and have to pay another WUP, to obtain what you could have obtained now for free...

I am ever so glad you raised the issue, cos it made me think, o oh, while I do have some older plugins, I thankfully have now sorted the few plugins which are still eligible for an update to the new version.

Thanks for prompting action on my part.