View Single Post
Old 24th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by avillalta View Post
Do you have an example we can listen to that would demonstrate the sound you prefer? If not your own, one that exemplifies the aesthetic you’re espousing?
of course... - however, i'm somewhat reluctant for various reasons: the hostility i experience from some folks (not you! appreciate you're asking), the fact that i neither own any of the mixes nor want to bother the agents to get permission for some snippets nor bother the folks in the archieve to dig into things and a few more reasons...) - a couple of options though:

amongst others, i'm going to record and mix ron carter quartett and iiro rantala in the next couple of weeks - yeah, jazz, but chances i'm allowed to use some of the recordings are much higher, especially when i'm asking in advance (and i'm almost sure iiro woudn't mind).

or: the demo recording i did (and referred to in an earlier post) - once the competition for which the demo way made is over, i guess the pianist would be ok if i posted some of it here.

or: i could do a few pics how i'm setting up mics on pianos.

or: we could go on discussing things from a theoretical point of view.

in any case, i think any of this would need to go into another thread - feel free to start one on favourite piano mic and mix technique and i promise i'll contribute.