View Single Post
Old 16th October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
The easiest way to try to avoid any problems is to let the new singer create her own part using your original singing as a guide... don’t use the other chick’s version enter the discussion at all... don’t ever post a a version of the first chick’s tune online or forward it to anyone...

Let it die in silence and f#ck her if she gets mad... also, f#ck you for not getting thing in writing before you had her in on your tune and create her own melody... I hope it’s a lesson you’ll remember!

If a singer you respect tells you that the vocal melody that you scratched out sucks and that she/he has a better idea, be open to that... particularly if voice isn’t your 1st instrument... but, that means sharing songwriting, so be open to that, too
Yep I'll admit naivety crept in, never underestimate stuff like this again. Don't mind giving people their due where it's due. I suppose in a way I saw it like when somebody like a Jeff Buckley sings "Hallelujah" he takes it to unreal heights vocally but ultimately still a Leonard Cohen song.