View Single Post
Old 12th October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmucr View Post
You're welcome.

Hmm.. I think, latency is likely non-issue for what you do. Practical difference between AIO and their USB interfaces is negligible, except specific situation with super high load, because of slightly more efficient audio streaming. Basically if you're fine with DAC-2 itself, BF Pro would be the same.
Anyway I see you reasons for AIO at fixed desktop setup with given I/O needs, I came with BF Pro, just because it's more flexible, so when you'd decide to track vocals, guitars or add another stereo synth someday without getting another converter or expansion boards for AIO.
Btw. I have also AIO for many years and it's a workhorse.

Exactly, that's what I've meant.

Michal
I've got highend computer and with ADI-2 dac sometimes I got overload problems, because my projects are really big and i use tons of vsts.

My point of getting AIO was even a minor improvement of this heavy project load, and maybe getting better results with real-time processing and playing with the sound from Korg and again with lots of vsts on mixer.

I'm not into vocal and guitars. My main work is done in DAW, synthesizer will be some kind of addon to what I do right now.

I see AIO in spec has just 1x analog input. Am I able to get some kind of expansion cable for more than 1 analog input in the future?

Or maybe there is some kind of alternative PCI-EX card in reasonable price to this kind of setup?