View Single Post
Old 30th September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsyas View Post
Thanks for offering to help. I attached here the drawn layout with all the measurements. One thing it doesn't mention is the speaker axis/listening position height, which is around 1.23 meters from the floor. And, I use Genelec 8050's on tripod stands, and I will soon build sand-filled sturdy stands for this which would allow me to push them further towards the wall.

The speakers are very close (about 5-8 cm) to those front absorbers which has about a 2" gap from the wall. This speaker orientation was recommended to me by Stuart/Soundman2020.

This room has some furniture and large 6" plastic pipes which were there before when the earlier measurements were taken (no dip at 85Hz). Only a couple of new furniture (small coffee tables) were introduced into the room in order to stand the side and back absorption panels since I had trouble finding proper mounts for them (so I decided to make stands). Since this dip is happening at such a low frequency and it's not present in the harmonics of this frequency, I am suspecting it is loose furniture or something absorbing energy. Then again, I assume it would affect a wider frequency range.

About the flutter echo. I don't record music in this room. But, I thought still audible flutter echo at the listening position would affect clarity.

Thanks again!
What kind of insulation do you have in the super-chunks (triangular shaped corner bass traps)?