thread: Logic Pro 11
View Single Post
Old 26th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianN View Post
All paid subscription models should include at least 3 or 4 days free per month without pay.
This keeps people using the products.

*For example, with Adobe, most people won't pay the boatman to cross for a quickie. They'll just use cs6.
If a person needs Photoshop and Illustrator for some quick tweaks, the pay wall is a high wall to climb for something that probably isn't gonna pay much of at all... Like a quick flyer or something.
Now, if someone is using the products professionally day-in and day-out, maybe they can then afford it.
3 to 4 days allows someone to create a small work and make some changes if necessary.
In the case of Adobe, this free few days could be limited to 2 or 3 products at once. Some people need to use Photoshop and Illustrator after all..
This would keep fair weather graphic designers using and up to speed on latest products and smash the crack scene. It's a happy medium with benefits.
I worked in graphic design and advertising for years, but now do something else. However, occasionally, I need to do some light design work here and there. The paywall stops me from keeping up.

Cubase could benefit from this as well, even if it doesn't have a sub model (that I know of, but it practically does have one with so many paid updates). I'm still stuck on 7 because I don't use it every day. I'd like to upgrade, but I find what I need in Logic at the moment, so I don't want to fork over the cash over and over. Hell, some of the new features might even make me ultimately switch from Logic... But for now, I'm not moving. Oh yeah.. And please make Cubase look better in the meantime lol. At least give some visual options.

*I haven't looked at the Adobe pay scheme recently, but if I wanted to plague the world with a subscription-based model, this is what I'd do.

Thank you for your time.
I must now return to the planet Zarkon.
I hope indeed you went back to Zarkon.