View Single Post
Old 21st September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessDinosaur View Post
You must have never run across having to record in a place with ****ty power and rf hum. Getting a low level power conditioner doesnt work out well in those cases. Plus you can NEVER guarantee a stable voltage coming off the line. My place consistantly sits about 4 volts too high and hums badly. The wiring in my studio is pretty new but what cpmea from the pole is ****. Why spend money on nice gear and leave it open to getting damaged from crappy power?
True - if that's the case yea you have to adjust. I started with an unbalance mic.. and it picked up random radio waves... one time I almost left them in - they sounded nice but I didn't want infringement. You can work around most anything. Till this day I am pretty good at removing unwanted sounds... it worked out well - had plenty of practice,

I now have a homemade faraday cage and ferrite inventions... and have most of the recording chain's power separated. (individualized) Even a real good power conditioner wouldn't work I assume. So yea your decisions are not really that important then. Just make Glitch or Lo-fi music...

(by the way - My Comment was as a reply to 'Measurability' and his posted question as a REPLY.)