View Single Post
Old 21st September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctambulant View Post
It's not evil. They want to keep sound quality largely the same electronically (for those brands that had it in the first place. Behringer has actually gone way up) but cut costs for the actual build of the gear. Cut back on customer service to reduce the amount of actual repairs processed and done, shorten warranties, and use lower rated mechanical and electrical parts that don't have to last for as long are all part of the plan for modern electronics manufacturing to maximize profits.

The ISAs cost more and take up more rack space because of the Lundahl transformers. They sound different. I wouldn't buy them. Even if you turn out to love the ISA sound, I doubt you would want 8 of them. If your choice is between the 8 channel ISA and the cheaper Audient, save money and get the Audient.
Yeah I am kinda conflicted on this but not seeing a great reason why it's 3x price. I knew about the transformers, I just forgot to mention that in the last post. However, I am not sure they will make it 3x as good.

Maybe the money I save can be spent on other things such as mics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
If the ISA is in good shape, same price, I would grab that before the Audient.
Yeah, I am heavily conflicted on this one. The ISA is used but does seem to be in decent shape and has the card installed already. The Audient is new yet a third of the price.