View Single Post
Old 14th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
How do you find them ...i'm actually investigating for students ...i have severals that want to go lyd , but i need more infos on those ...
Hi Jeezo - I like them a lot. I had been using BM5a (MK II) with the 9s sub for years before upgrading. The LYD’s have a lot more in the midrange (as you’d expect) but they are very smooth, not honky in the slightest. This makes me think the crossover is very well implemented. They aren’t overpowering with bass, but I don’t run them with the low frequency extension. I still use my 9s but just to catch the bottom of the range that the LYD’s don’t hit. I’m partial to Dynaudio and really like their tweeters, so I might be biased. I know they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. If I could knock them on anything, it seems like when I push them harder they hit a bit of a wall with headroom. I’m not sure if this is just my imagination, but I also don’t monitor loudly, so it’s really not a problem for me. I’d recommend them to anyone who isn’t looking to spend big money but wants something with more depth than the insane variety of budget two-way speakers that are out there now.