View Single Post
Old 10th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillytouch View Post
Hi,

I recently purchased a Berhringer U-Phoria UMC202HD. I am using it to record and put through BIAS FX2.

It sounded good but the default settings for the buffer was a huge delay. Unfortunately, whenever I lower the audio buffer size below 512, when I play it sounds like a record with scratches, it just stutters and cuts in and out. My p.c. is a powerhouse so I know it isn't the cpu. I9, rtx 2080ti, etc.

I want to be able to practice over this though so I need the low audio buffer to work. Otherwise the delay is just way too much.

Does anyone have any recommendations on one they know can handle a low buffer? My budget is 250.00.

It only needs 1 input, for electric guitar. I don't plan on using other instruments or microphones and I don't need effects either aside from probably output volume as that's why I have BIAS FX2.

Thank you very much,
I run the Behringer UMC 1820 on my laptop with a buffer size of 64 samples. It works if I disable the ethernet driver, otherwise I get dropouts.

I reckon the driver is basically the same for the 202HD so I don't think it is the root cause of your troubles.

I have the same experience on many systems for the last 10 years or so. Many bad drivers, especially for ethernet, bluetooth and wifi. They can cause a lot of problems.