View Single Post
Old 9th September 2019
TJ5
Gear Nut

A week late update but I finished my bass traps over the Labour Day long weekend and I'm glad I got them done. I'm compared my before and after Auto-EQ with my DriveRack PX and was happy to see that I didn't have any more severe +/- 12dB settings any more. For sure, better sounding than without but I'm sure it could be better if I built bigger bass traps.

I did a rush job using pre-cut 2' x 2' 1/2" plywood and borrowed a friend's circular saw to cut them diagonally. Used some 1" x 2" to hold up the plywood pieces in 29" heights so I can stack 3 on top of each other in each corner. Added Roxul Safe and Sound in each bass trap and the same non-stretch fabric I used on my acoustic panels. They're not perfect but you can't really tell once you have them up (as long as you are able to make the front face of the bass trap nice and smooth). If I wanted a more flat finish, I could have used the same rigid fiberglass panels that I used for my acoustic panels (similar to what dramis did with his bass traps). They're just really expensive so I just said forget it.