View Single Post
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSC View Post
I don't think or care if they sound better than the originals; the fact is- they sound good enough to get the job done when you know how. ..
Here you go again with your ridiculous strawman. I know 'how' mate, trust me.

'Good enough to get the job done', huh? That's what you want from Roland? Suit yourself.

Quote:
The truth is, I know how to enhance the sound quality of any kind of sound (like many many many people can) and I have the professional hardware and software to do it. ..
An efx bath to hide a weak synth certainly gets 'a' job done, but it's not how I roll, mate, it's not how I do 'my job'.

Quote:
And if you think your ears are as good now as they were 30 years ago, well the chances are very slim-you're human, not a robot. ..
What the hell are you talking about? I didn't own a synth 30 years.

Quote:
Straw man argument? Like I said, the truth hurts- but it's still the truth. ..
Truth hurts mate, the new stuff ain't as good as the old stuff. However, some ANALOG synth makers have been succesful in creating great sounding instruments for the modern age. I'm not talking about Roland..

Quote:
Technical or musical skill does not automatically guarantee creative talent, and a lot of people who think they're talented are unfortunately delusional, or lost in their own hype. .
Wow, you just can stop yourself, can you?

Quote:
Hate on modern pop/dance/rnb all you want but some of us make a living making people dance and have a good time, and we feel good about that.
Ahh, did I step on a toe or something? Is that you making that **** I hear on the radio? Then I've got some very basic tips for ya'.

Fwiw., I make music people dance to too, but I'm not going for the fast buck. I take pride in what I do.