View Single Post
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHayduke View Post
If you think they sound better than their originals that's fine, but that's not what you said, you gave them a pat on the back for delivering fun-factor and immediacy.

Fwiw., I share Disease Factory's opinion than most modern pop productions sound like ****.

PS: I have plenty of talent and live and studio experience + I like my stuff to sound good and a pleasure to listen to. That strawman about 'talent' that makes gear irrelevant, please stop it, it's lame and not professional.. Without talent the gear is pretty irrelevant, but that's another story.
I don't think or care if they sound better than the originals; the fact is- they sound good enough to get the job done when you know how. The truth is, I know how to enhance the sound quality of any kind of sound (like many many many people can) and I have the professional hardware and software to do it.

Just because I own an OB-6 (which I love) doesn't mean I don't know the value of a workstation when it comes to writing and producing songs man.

And if you think your ears are as good now as they were 30 years ago, well the chances are very slim-you're human, not a robot.

Straw man argument? Like I said, the truth hurts- but it's still the truth.

You could give two skilled people a drum machine and a sampler and ask both to make a song using pre-selected samples; that doesn't mean they will both make great music that has mass appeal. Both have skill- meaning they know how to use the gear, but the one with the skill, vision and the creative talent will be the clear winner. If making great music was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Technical or musical skill does not automatically guarantee creative talent, and a lot of people who think they're talented are unfortunately delusional, or lost in their own hype.

Hate on modern pop/dance/rnb all you want but some of us make a living making people dance and have a good time, and we feel good about that.

Last edited by TRSC; 8th September 2019 at 02:50 PM..