View Single Post
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
@ VennD68 - question for you. Do you know which keybed is in the 88-key variant? If it's the same as in RD-2000, intrigueing.

Also, regarding the sliders. I hope Roland didn't make the huge mistake where you can only pick a single MIDI CC and it would be set for all sliders, just over different MIDI channels/parts? This is the one huge downside of RD-2000 I cannot believe they would make such a blunder. Then again, Roland did have a fair share of blunders...

We should be able to freely decide which MIDI CC should be assigned to which individual slider, and over which MIDI channel it should send. That's how a proper MIDI controller is supposed to work, and not that half-assedness that Roland put in RD-2000 (which would be really splendid otherwise, but coming from Kurzweil which has THE BEST MIDI controller implementation in the universe, it's like going from U.S.S. Enterprise to a donkey).
The CC slider control is pretty extensive - remember I had a an early prototype (like very early with many features not implemented) can be set for internal, external and assigned to parameters in Mainstage etc too. But all sliders and knobs can have their own independent configuration across the board for scenes.
No idea on the keybed variant but it plays really well and feels amazing of and it is built like a tank. They didn't cheap out on build quality with this.