View Single Post
Old 5th September 2019
Here for the gear

I'd like to say hello to everyone, as I haven't been active in here regarding writing posts, but I often read the threads because I'm a newbie regarding acoustics. Regardless of that, I'm actively involved in it, as I'm CEO of MyRoom Acoustics LLC, Boggy's company, who is thankfully also my mentor.
I have a pleasure to work with Mauricio Gargel and I really wanted to thank him for good observation and reasoning and further more for giving Boggy (MyRoom Acoustics) such a compliment that makes me feel privileged and it's
also uplifting for me, as it's coming from him.

Thank you,
MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricio Gargel View Post
EDITED: I need to add, that ANYBODY can design Control Rooms following MyRoom Design Principle if he has enough knowledge and acoustical design skills. Design principles are publicly available.

I am always thankful for that. Having access to these resources is great.
I am not an acoustic designer but enjoy to help people when they ask for my opinion in diy projects. As an example, I have put in practice MyRoom Design Principle and it works well. The simplicity (and beauty) of it may hide the hard work behind the concept.

I always advise to hire (as I did) a professional. There is no alternative if you truly want to develop/design an unique acoustic concept; one that represents YOUR vision of what YOU do. Here is another example, when I've commissioned Boggy to help me develop a new concept for my studio, he kindly accepted and (instead of talking technicalities and impose a set of rules) he asked about my personal life and what my intentions were...why I was thinking about a new room and other things that had a stronger impact in the way things turned out. We are still under way....

In sum, the "human element" always counts and is worth to consider when hiring an acoustic designer.