View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2019
Boggy, I've been looking at the MyRoom white paper and your info in other threads. Am I right in understanding the design requires approximately 50% loss in original room volume to treatment?

Applying that to my room, which, after the inner wall is constructed, will be around 6.7m x 4.9m x 2.4m -- that would be like giving up an extra meter in each wall and part of one in the ceiling for treatment? Obviously we're talking really rough numbers here, I'm just trying to get my head around the idea & trying to figure out how small a room I can live with. The intention would be as a multipurpose live/mix room.

I would love not to have to give up space to the room in a room design but my environment dictates a decent amount of soundproofing. I'm starting with a 9ft (3m) ceiling and really don't want to end up with anything less than 8ft (2.4m). I am considering inside out walls and ceiling to facilitate space for treatment but this would obviously require way more space than a "normal" stud bay or joist bay provides.