View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechrisl View Post
An important factor here would be whether you paid him at some point. If so, shame on him for ghosting you. But if not, and you were involved in an ongoing Q&A session, it's possible he found better things to do with his time.
Oh no, I was already sending him files. He asked me to send plans so he can see what can be done. I don't know if I didn't make it clear, but I WAS willing to pay. I wasn't freeloading, at least from my point of view, off of Mr. Brandt. It hadn't been even that long a conversation when he stopped. I know you can get carried away with time, but that's part of the business and you can't use that as an excuse. Business is business, and since I was going to pay, every customer is worth the attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechrisl View Post
I will add that I spoke to another designer a couple weeks ago & mentioned my experience to him. He was a little astonished as he had actually worked with another client who had gone through the same experience I did. With Stuart. There was some additional drama there apparently, which he didn't really go into. But in the end he decided he didn't want to work with me, which sucks. But that's his choice.
I agree about the truth behind this allegation. I did find someone who said Stuart did outright ghost him, but that was it. That was the only bad reference I got out of the lot of good comments and results on his work. As I said earlier, I actually contacted past clients, one-on-one, to see what they thought about their involvement with Stuart, and all of them were pleased.

IMO this conversation won't take us anywhere, because both of us are a bit biased. And to this day, Stuart hasn't gone AWOL on me. I'm not saying he won't but he hasn't still, unlike others.