View Single Post
Old 31st August 2019
Gear Maniac

EDITED: I need to add, that ANYBODY can design Control Rooms following MyRoom Design Principle if he has enough knowledge and acoustical design skills. Design principles are publicly available.

I am always thankful for that. Having access to these resources is great.
I am not an acoustic designer but enjoy to help people when they ask for my opinion in diy projects. As an example, I have put in practice MyRoom Design Principle and it works well. The simplicity (and beauty) of it may hide the hard work behind the concept.

I always advise to hire (as I did) a professional. There is no alternative if you truly want to develop/design an unique acoustic concept; one that represents YOUR vision of what YOU do. Here is another example, when I've commissioned Boggy to help me develop a new concept for my studio, he kindly accepted and (instead of talking technicalities and impose a set of rules) he asked about my personal life and what my intentions were...why I was thinking about a new room and other things that had a stronger impact in the way things turned out. We are still under way....

In sum, the "human element" always counts and is worth to consider when hiring an acoustic designer.

Last edited by Mauricio Gargel; 31st August 2019 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: add paragraph