View Single Post
Old 24th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinococcus View Post
Toole use the harman test rooms also. For his writes on the early reflections, he uses the works make by an other guy in an acoustic controlled if I remember well (i could be wrong)

Control room following what design? Between the LEDE/RFZ, the RFZ only or the NE as the Hidley design or the ambechoic or nothing (personal design) or following the ebu 3276, there are great differences.

And as i wrote, the world of the ME is not monolithic.
Whatever design name the control room carries, what they all have in common is a goal to take down early reflections to inaudible levels. (At least I cannot recall any design which promotes audible early reflections for evaluation of a recording.)

Tool's book contains tons of references to other peoples findings. Those findings are explained in plain easy to understand language leaving out complex math which could scare away the reader. Its content is aimed more at recreational stereo / mutichannel listening in domestic rooms plus choice of speakers for those. In comparison there is very little about control rooms and where that is mentioned it is that people working in them prefer a lower amount of early reflections at work, compared to the listering "ordinary man", while at home they may go along with louder reflections.