View Single Post
Old 31st October 2002
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by faeflora
I was having big problems with the midi configuration program too. Sometimes it worked, most of the time it didn't at all. I thought it could have been OMS too. It wasn't.

I sent it back to lucid, and they did a free mod to it. When I got it back, everything worked as it should. Instant responses.
Hmm. I had a couple quick phone and e-mail conversations with Trent while I was having the problems. He didn't mention anyone else having the same issues though, and I just ended up realizing that it was when I used the progam that things went haywire. Since then I've just left it at that and ended up putting the Lucid in a spot where the dipswitches are accessible. It sucks having to power cycle for the changes to take effect though.

Quote:

I'm not sure that you can route signal the way you want to. I thought it was all one way or nothing.
In the program you can set it up that way and I'm pretty sure I used it like that before. Could be wrong.

Quote:

What are you recording to? Do you want 16 bit format to save space? I just got the crane song dither and will be trying it out soon. Different dither sounds different.
To Pro Tools LE. I would occasionally use 16 bit as a space saver mainly - record practices, pre-prod, that sort of stuff.

I've been playing with the dither too. Scott gave it to me quite a well ago and I never got around to it. I think I can finally hear a difference. I've never been able to tell much between type 1/2 Waves dithers which are what I had been using. I've been playing around a lot recently with analog vs digital summing, Cranesong vs Waves dither, use of the HEDD and where I do it the process, etc and I think I may finally be arriving at a overall process that works for me and my setup, and sounds how I like it.