View Single Post
Old 20th August 2019
Here for the gear

I met Aspen through Craigslist when I was looking for a vintage amp. I entered his warehouse and felt like I was at a musical and classic car Disneyland. The guitars, amps, mic's, cars and misc memorabilia were impressive. The man behind them all was even more impressive. He generously spent time with me, shared his passions and his studio. We developed a bit of a friendship and I loved stopping in when I was in the area. On one of my visits he proudly showed me how he was remodeling his warehouse I bought a few of his guitars, mostly because he said "Oh, you'll love the tone of this one" and "this one is a true classic".
I just spoke to Aspen last Thursday, Aug 15, the day before he passed. I was so excited as he was going to record my band. :-(
So sad I won't be seeing my friend until we reconnect on the other side. He was a great and generous man. Something tells me he is working on higher levels of music, something we mortals won't quite understand for a time. Love and peace my friend. Godspeed Aspen, Vicki Sanchez