View Single Post
Old 20th August 2019
nms
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthpark View Post
Then show me a photo (asked for the third time).
I thought "porous absorption on the wall between the speakers" is pretty self explanatory. My best rooms are all flush mounted, but here's a room I designed for a client in Australia which uses the approach I suggested to produce great results within the budget and circumstances. This is a freestanding structure within the room, comprised of modules which are easily separated to move with the client when needed. Note that the speakers weren't in their final intended position in this photo. They should be a couple inches closer to the center panel. Best to leave as little space possible between speaker and center panel.

Anyway, I appreciate your enthusiasm on the subject and I know it's easy to be convinced of something when you've had a personal experience which leads you to that belief. Often the most accurate responses to so many questions in acoustics really begins with "it depends..". What's correct in one circumstance is often wrong in another. It's not easy for people to navigate.

Cheers

<edit: photo removed>

Last edited by nms; 28th August 2019 at 10:30 AM..