View Single Post
Old 19th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Building out a mixing/practice room in an old Frankenstein building

I'm considering using this space in my wood shop for a music room and I have some questions about it. It's an old warehouse that has been added onto and pieced together countless times over the years so there are some strange things existing. In the second photo you can see a sheet metal wall that is inside of the exterior brick wall. The fourth pic shows two cased openings in a brick wall that once led to the adjacent office space. My questions are generally regarding the existing walls. Would I want to insulate and sheet rock the sheet metal wall? Should I try to remove the sheet metal? Should I leave the existing walls as they are and just build out double walls inside of the space? In the third pic you can see a large gap in the corner where the exterior brick wall stops. Could this area be filled with insulation? I know that I want to avoid three-leaf situations and am trying to wrap my head around this. How would you build this to maximize isolation? Sorry for all of the questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Building out a mixing/practice room in an old Frankenstein building-img_1845.jpg   Building out a mixing/practice room in an old Frankenstein building-img_1850.jpg   Building out a mixing/practice room in an old Frankenstein building-img_1851.jpg   Building out a mixing/practice room in an old Frankenstein building-img_1852.jpg