View Single Post
Old 18th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiPiatra View Post
There is no heat of anything sexist. You created it, and lives only in your mind. Pointing out behavioral facts about the American female population has nothing to do with sexism.
Or maybe a Romanian guy (see how it’s easy to dog-whistle politically without being overt?) might not want to create vast generalisations about the quality of US music (which you called “garbage”, remember?) being caused by women being mentally ill and on drugs.

Quote:
You dislike political content on gearslutz, yet you are labeling me as an alt-right person
Yes. You used several words in your comments that are only used the way you did in alt-right contexts. I’m not going to debate whether using “triggered” instead of “annoyed” isn’t a political act because that’s playing into your trolling.

Criticising ideological **** in a forum is indeed political, I’m for one not pretending it’s not. I’m happy for my comments to be taken down alongside yours because I own that fact.

Quote:
I don't care if song writers use drugs or not, it's their personal life, I use my ears to judge it, and so does everyone else. Nobody cares what writers/singers do in their private life. This is not relevant to our debate here.
You literally said that new music was “garbage” because of women being depressed and drugged up with “hallucinogens”. You brought this up, don’t play coy.

Quote:
Yes, so called "depressive" songs always existed, but where they as popular as today in US?!
Obviously yes! Jeez it’s like Grunge “I hate myself and I want to die”, Nu Metal “I flirt with suicide, sometimes kill the pain”, and Emo “love is watching someone die” weren’t the some of the biggest forms of rock music for the last three decades?

Quote:
I see no relation in that link between mental illness and the quality (or “garbage-ness”) of female musicians.

Honestly I would even agree that there is a relationship between the type of music and the mental health of people. What was sexist about your comment is to assume it was garbage because of the gender. What about all the sad guys, is their music and music taste garbage?