View Single Post
Old 17th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
9x,
From a user standpoint, yes, it makes perfect sense. But, logical as your thinking is, you are writing about mic power supplies, which are not usually designed to be racked.
It is even more mystifying to me to buy rack gear that has all the connections on the back and ALMOST all the user controls on the front, EXCEPT THE POWER SWITCH. It is not a rare thing. Once you rack that piece of equipment in a filled rack , the switch is not easily accessible or even visible. I sometimes don’t use a certain racked device for weeks at a time. I don’t want that piece to be powered up when I know I’m not going to use it.
Northern California... beautiful country for the most part. I’m in the Central Valley above Fresno (“above” on a map, not up in the mountains).
I am much better informed today than I was last week about mic power supplies. Progress is good. No longer do I stare at them with a WTF look while muttering obscenities. We'll see where it leads... Hey, I have friends near you down in Clovis. I'm in the Sierra a short drive from South Lake Tahoe.