View Single Post
Old 14th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame View Post
You can share it with me
It's the same as it's always been,have hits, build a following, gig. Throw shows, promote yourself, invest in yourself etc... If you can't afford it alone, form a group and save/invest. The people who build from the ground up have the toughest path with the biggest payoff. There's nothing really glamorous about this business to people who've seen it up close. It's a grind. It's a false reality. Like a city made of cardboard.

Honestly, (forgive me this is a tangent). I'm growing really tired of the whole picture of riches stuff that's being promoted. It's not just in music, but in the greater society, the narrative that's sold is either you're rich and wearing Gucci, or you're nothing. It's a world of singularity/backstabbing just for trinkets., and those who are successful seem to have to play into and feed the narrative to stay on. (They have a choice, but they don't seem to realize it.) If you look at the US in the 30's through the 70's people were broke and they still lived. Good music,food, good people were produced. Today, we see the results of reduced funding for the arts and everyone trying to "learn" as an individual on youtube We have greater tech, but we are less connected. It's like someone stole the soul.